Saturday, October 24, 2009

I received a spoof email in my Yahoo mail and mistakenly clicked on the link. Should I be worried?

When I clicked the same page just came up again. Does this indicate a security feature was being activated?

I received a spoof email in my Yahoo mail and mistakenly clicked on the link. Should I be worried?
Only if you filled in any information that was requested. In spoof emails there's typically only one that will take you to a phony website where they ask you to enter private info. Any other links on the email often just give you the same page, because they are phony links. You can see what the link's URL is by right clicking on it, then click Properties. Sometimes clicking on a link will just give you your Yahoo page.
Reply:i think so. i'm not sure though. -_-

date

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive