Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Email link? When I click on an email address on a site page, my screen switches to a gmail screen ?

with the new address in the "Send to" box/line. I have gmail, but the screen that shows up is different than my usual gmail screen. I write a message, hit send, it sends, says it's sent. Then when I go to my regular gmail (using Mozilla Thunderbird) , I have received the mail, addressed to me. I've done this 3 times and made sure the address box was filled correctly, NOT to me. I'm quite puzzled. (It was sent to faceless large entities, so I can't call and ask if they've received it.) Also, on the odd gmail page, I've saved the draft, but the drafts don't show on my regular page. Both definitely gmail, not my Yahoo email. Started from a Google homepage. Using Vista 7.0. New to computers and email (6 months). Thanks.

Email link? When I click on an email address on a site page, my screen switches to a gmail screen ?
PROBABLY got the Windows Mail set up boloxed up. check your Thunderbird settings. also insure you have G-Mail set up for pop forwarding in settings,forwarding.
Reply:You may have selected Gmail as your default email program. They usually sneak that in during registration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive