Saturday, October 24, 2009

How do you stop Yahoo Mail from launching when clicking on email link in webpage?

Using Firefox or IE for that matter, whenever I click on a email address or a "contact us" link within a web page, Yahoo mail automatically launches in a web page. I don't want to use Yahoo mail for this purpose. This seems to have started after a recent Yahoo messenger upgrade. Yahoo mail is NOT set as my default email program and I would prefer that my default email program is launched instead.

How do you stop Yahoo Mail from launching when clicking on email link in webpage?
Evidentally Yahoo! Mail is set as your default email. Click Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Programs tab (or Tools %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Programs tab) %26gt; under E-mail click the down arrow and select the default email of your choice %26gt; click Apply and OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive