Saturday, October 24, 2009

Can you send paying customers an email link that nobody else can connect to?

I'm thinking of doing an e-book that people can pay for through paypal. After paying, I will go into paypal and manually check to see if they actually paid and didn't cancel payment or e-check. After that they will be sent to a thank you page and a notice will be sent to wait for my e-mail within 24 hours with a link to my page. (This page can either be an actual page or a download I haven't created it yet). Is there a way I can send a link in their email that only they can open? So If they forward the email or post it on a forum somewhere everyone can't access the page/download. I've heard of a "nofollow" script. Does this work?





I'm not really knowedgeable about php or asp or anything like that. Do I need an SQL server?





I can do html, css and very little javascript.

Can you send paying customers an email link that nobody else can connect to?
The only way to prevent posting or forwarding is to make a unique password or key for each sale. You'd need a database like SQL server or at least a spreadsheet.





Ideally it would be automated so you don't have to check it manually. But basically, they pay, and you generate a password and enter it in the database. They go to your download site and enter the password. The password is checked against the database. If it exists, then the download proceeds, and the password is marked as USED. Then if someone else tries to use it, they are rejected. If they type in a wrong password or something random, it's not in the database and the site tells them it was incorrectly entered, so no download.





Here's a site that generates random passwords for example:


http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/
Reply:No you need advanced programming knowledge like encryption, may be you can contact a programming expert at website like http://askexpert.info/

meet friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive