Saturday, October 24, 2009

How can I make it so when I click an email link on a webpage my Yahoo! mail account opens to send the message?

I followed the instructions in the help which told me that by installing Yahoo! messenger I would be able to specify Yahoo! as my email program in 'Internet Options' - but it didn't work, the option just doesn't appear. I sent email to Yahoo! help services but they didn't reply.





All I want is so that when I click a mailto: link it opens Yahoo! mail and starts a new message to the person. Oh yeah, I'm using Internet Explorer 7.





Currently it tries to start Outlook, but since I never installed it that's no good. I'd rather not use Outlook as my email client, but instead carry on using the web-based interface.





Anyone got any ideas? I'd be very grateful for help or advice! Thanks in advance.





Rob

How can I make it so when I click an email link on a webpage my Yahoo! mail account opens to send the message?
What you have done sounds correct. Make sure it is actually installed and not just downloaded. Try restarting the computer and see if that helps. They claim the choice will be in the internet options for default email program.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive