Monday, May 24, 2010

When someone sends me an email involving an internet link I can't open the email. I have to copy n paste it.

Like i was sayin when someone sends me an email invoving a link i can never open it. Instead i have to copy nd paste the link. Is there something wrong with my computer or my eil software.

When someone sends me an email involving an internet link I can't open the email. I have to copy n paste it.
This is most likely a function of your email program. Dig around in the program's settings or refer to the help documentation.





However, it may ALSO be a problem with the sending program. If the email is not sent as content-type: text/html, it defaults to plain text.





The way to know: if you've ever received emails with HTML characters,





%26lt;p%26gt;Hi it's me, see this link%26lt;/p%26gt;





It's most likely your email program, it is only rendering plain text emails. If you've never seen HTML markup in your email, it is most likely a limitation or setting in your mail program.





Also it may be entirely possible whatever antivirus software you are using is stopping the mail program from rendering them as clickable links.

harvard university

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive