Sunday, May 23, 2010

I have a school email account. How do I link it so my computer tells me I have a new email? Thanks!?

There are so many different possibilities that the best answer I can give you is contact the administrator for the school mail system. They will be the resident experts on their system and how to connect to it. You could spend days trying all of the possibilities that will be put forth here on yahoo, and probably never succeed but if you call your school system help desk, they can have you up and running in 10 minutes. I hope this doesn't sound like a cop out, but I don't want to feed you a million things to do when a single phone call will do it for you.


Hope this helps, bob

I have a school email account. How do I link it so my computer tells me I have a new email? Thanks!?
If it is a gmail account,download gmail notifier.
Reply:Do you have pop3 or imap access? Can you turn on forwarding to send email to an address that you already have set up for notifications on your computer?





If you have pop3/imap: Just add a new account to the email client on your computer that you're using and throw in the server names that the school gives you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive