Saturday, November 7, 2009

Has anyone received an email with a link to www.gelpriboy.ru?

I keep getting these emails saying that my bank account has had several failed attempts to log in. At the bottom of the email it has a link to log in but directs me to gelpriboy.ru. I notified my bank but haven't heard back from them yet. Its suspicious and is now driving me crazy.





BTW, I googled the website and its in a different language.





Thanks to anyone who can help with my mysterious emails!

Has anyone received an email with a link to www.gelpriboy.ru?
I don't know what exactly is behind this, but I suspect that it is a phishing attempt to verify your bank account data and/or your mail address to send you loads of spam in the future. If somebody truly tried to hack your bank account, no bank would inform you about such attempts via mail and then even supply a suspicious looking link! Gelpriboy.ru is a Russian site btw, but I did not open the site because I didn't want to catch anything...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive